Too_Many_Tools

Good points.

I have small color LCD sets and they do come in handy but their screens
are rather small.

I have been in the middle of tornado activity and severe thunderstorms.
The color screen is needed to determine where the strongest storms are
via the weather radar displays shown on television.

The small B/W sets have small CRTs that I suspect use more current than
the small LCD screens...that is why I was wondering if anyone had
compared the different sets. A small color CRT set would have three
guns that would likely use even more current. In an extended emergency
situation, lower current draw is important.

The combination of a televison and radio is a good idea. At the same
time, sometimes you want separate televisions and radios so you have
redundanies of your communications gear.

TMT