wanderer

Default Electric pylons... are they noisy?

"Andrew McKay" wrote in message
On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 10:24:06 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

Personaly I like peace and quiet, so I wouldn't. But teh inflicting harm
bit is almost certainly baloney.

I'm not sure it is possible to draw a conclusion on that. At one time
X-rays were considered safe - people used to do magic shows to
demonstrate their use. Perhaps an extreme example, but any external
influence on the human body could be harmful.

As I said elsewhere, the official line is that nothing has been proved.
There are some reports out possibly from the National Radiological
Protection Board that don't actually say there's no danger, but that there
is no evidence to prove there's any danger from electromagnetic fields,
which, of course isn't quite the same thing. There was also I think a
Swedish report that came out about 10 or 12 years ago that said there was
evidence to prove there was a danger. In the end, I guess you pays your
money and takes your choice depending on your view point!