Upscale

wrote in message

Hint: The best fences invariably lock down, ONLY in the front.

Garbage.

I didn't realize that there was a Shop Fox fence that clamped in the
back, but indeed some of the saws in the catalog have a dual clamping
fence.

Don't let a few opinions turn you away from a fence that locks down front
and back. I own an Excalibur that locks down both sides and I'll match it
cut for cut any day with a Bies or clone of a Bies fence. Bies fences just
happen to be more popular. That doesn't for one second mean that all others
are no good. Go and decide for yourself.

My Excalibur is easy to set up, maintains its accuracy quite well and
doesn't interfere in the least with an outfeed table. The space need for the
1" wide back rail doesn't effect outfeed to a table at all. There's
advantages and disadvantages (small ones in both cases) to both types.