Tom Banes

Default Bosch Jig Saw

What a joy! Fired up a new Bosch 1590 EVS this weekend. Gift from the
LOML. My goodness, gracious, does it cut clean! I used it on a couple
of minor cuts that I'd normally just grab the handsaw for. That damn
thing crosscuts a twobyfer straighter, faster and cleaner than I can
with the HS. Probably means I need a new HS - 35 year old Craftsman
Krome Edge that's never seen a file.

After using a truly anicient Skil jig saw for many years (as seldom as
possible as its cuts were slow and nasty), the Bosch was an epiphany.
All the advice I read on it in here was spot-on (not that unusual if
you pick your posters). Thanks.

I KNOW it's keeper. It's going to live right by my tailess Makita
drill, on the bench, ready to hand.

Hmm, almost wish it was tailess.