stoutman

Sorry. I didn't intend to offend anyone. I just figured you oldies can't
drive so how can you still use a table saw? ---JUST KIDDING!!!

Again. I'm sorry I offended any seniors.

"nospambob" wrote in message
Why not? Our DIL bid on a bandsaw owned by an 84 year old man that
FINALLY was giving up woodworking. At 76 I'm hoping to get further
than he!

On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 05:31:15 GMT, "stoutman" .@. wrote:

now. Plan to spend $750 and up for the last saw you will ever buy.

Not necessary.

I have a Delta contractors saw I spend around $300 on. Works like a
champ.
I'm willing to bet the stuff (finished furniture) that comes out the
other
side of my saw is better if not equally good as those that own $750 saws.

I have been to some websites of woodworkers that have the $750 + saws and
all they make is CRAP.

That will be the saw you will be using 25 years from now.

45 + 25 = 70

Think he will be using the saw at 70???

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
m...

"Nascar Raiders" wrote in message
The wife says I deserve an upgrade (gee thanks hunny..lol) Anyway
I've checked at my local Harbor Freight and to be honest their
selection
was way less than what I thought it would be.
I checked at Sears and of course they stock the CRAFTSMAN brand name,
and have what I thought to be a pretty good selection in my price range
of about $500.00 but not more than $600.00....now they do have what
they
call the "professional" model at $1000.00 but I really don't want to
spend that much....wow.

You are not ready for an upgrade. If you are considering stuff from
Harbor
Freight, you are not in the market for a piece of quality equipment.
Neither is your budget.

What you will get for that money is a saw that is better than what you
have, but will leave you want in more in a year or two, maybe only a
month
or two. Save a bit more and get a Delta, Jet Grizzly, etc with a
Beisemeyer or Unifence or equal. That will be the saw you will be using
25 years from now. Plan to spend $750 and up for the last saw you will
ever buy.