loutent wrote:
-snip-

Hint: The best fences invariably lock down, ONLY in the front. That way,
you can add extensions to the outfeed, at a later time. The Shop Fox locks
in both the front and back and while my SF fence always locks parallel and
straight, it's still a PITA because I can't figure a way to make a outfeed
extension without some serious work.

-snip again-

The standard SF fence that came with my 1023SL locks only
in the front. There were discussions here about the differences
between the "standard" and "deluxe" fence. IIRC, most felt
the standard was better in that the deluxe was too fussy to
keep right. I am very happy with the standard - it is
rock solid and true.

Lou

I didn't realize that there was a Shop Fox fence that clamped in the
back, but indeed some of the saws in the catalog have a dual clamping
fence.

Most of the Grizzly table saws ship with the Shop Fox Classic or the
Aluma Classic fence. These are Bies clones that lock only in the front.
The Aluma Classic came on my G0444Z contractor saw. Thoe only
difference that I can see is the material on the face. Let's face it,
part of the reason the Bies is so good is its simplicity, which makes
it easy to copy. I'd bet good money that the Shop Fox copies are every
bit as good as the real Bies fences. The guide and clamping mechanism
is extremely solid, and it can be tuned to perfection. What else do you
need?

Tom