Edwin Pawlowski

"stoutman" .@. wrote in message
Nice web site by the way.

Thanks,

I'm no Krenov or Maloof, and I probably never will be, but I doubt my
projects would be any better if I had a Beisemeyer fence and a $1000 TS.
I think all I need is more experience,

Absolutely

I don't think I or anyone NEEDS a $1000 TS unless you do this for a
living. For me its just a hobby and probably just a hobby for the OP.

Fine furniture was made before the power table saw. True, no one NEEDS a
better one, but the op was looking to upgrade. If you are going to upgrade,
get something that is truly better, more convenient, etc. I started out with
a cheap Craftsman direct drive saw and it served me well for a couple of
years. Not knowing how well I'd do or if I'd be serious abut the hobby, it
was a good move. But, when I moved up, I went at least two notches. One
frustration with the benchtop was cross cutting wide boards. Moving up to a
full sized contractor model gave me a few more inches of space in front of
hte blade. It was great.

http://home.triad.rr.com/brianmeliss...ing_frames.htm

Nice work.
--