stoutman

I was simply making the point that the quality of product is not driven by
the size of the TS price tag, but rather by the quality of the craftsman.

If I believed the old "you have to have the $1000 TS" attitude, I would
never have tried this awesome hobby. Sure a $1000 TS would be nice, but IT
IS NOT NECESSARY.

Checked out my web site did you?

I was NOT referring to you, but the attitude of many.

--

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

"stoutman" .@. wrote in message
news
now. Plan to spend $750 and up for the last saw you will ever buy.

Not necessary.

I have a Delta contractors saw I spend around $300 on. Works like a
champ. I'm willing to bet the stuff (finished furniture) that comes out
the other side of my saw is better if not equally good as those that own
$750 saws.

I have been to some websites of woodworkers that have the $750 + saws and
all they make is CRAP.

Checked out my web site did you? This is true of table saws, cameras,
golf clubs, cookware, etc. You still need skill. Sounds like you have it;
good for you. That said, it is more convenient, possibly faster, and yes,
there is a feeling of satisfaction that comes from using quality accurate
tools. I could drive a Yugo and get to work every day, but prefer my Buick
with all the powered features.

I like being able to move the Biesemeyer fence, line up the cursor, and
lock it in place and KNOW is is going to cut at the stated dimension,
every time. And know that if I rip 1, 10, 20, or 50 boards, it is till
locked in the same place.

That will be the saw you will be using 25 years from now.

45 + 25 = 70

Think he will be using the saw at 70???

Sure, why not? I know of one guy that is 80 and still using his. You
aren't prejudiced against older people are you? Shees, I just turned 60
last week so should I turn in my tools?
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/