Paul Rand

"Nascar Raiders" wrote in message
I'm 45 and just a novice woodworker and have finally got some extra
cash to rid myself of my "bench top" table saw that the wife got me for
Christmas 8 yrs ago....boy I think I did things on that thing that would
amaze even you pro woodworkers.
The wife says I deserve an upgrade (gee thanks hunny..lol) Anyway
I've checked at my local Harbor Freight and to be honest their selection
was way less than what I thought it would be.
I checked at Sears and of course they stock the CRAFTSMAN brand name,
and have what I thought to be a pretty good selection in my price range
of about $500.00 but not more than $600.00....now they do have what they
call the "professional" model at $1000.00 but I really don't want to
spend that much....wow.
Anyway, if you guys/gals could give me some sort of guidance on this
I'd love to hear the pro's and con's.of what you think, or your
suggestions.
You can mail me directly of post here and I'll check for
replies....thanks so very much for your help.

Paul

I to am going to jump on the Grizzly band wagon here. I purchased mine
about 3 years ago ( a 1023s) and am very happy with it. I also had a tight
budget at the time and thought I could get a decent table saw for 300 to 400
dollars....heh, silly me. Then I found the wreck and read many of the same
replies you are getting now. Save a bit longer and get a good cabinet saw.
took me about 3 hours to assemble the Grizz. It also passed the nickel test
on the first start! And yes, you can believe Grizzly's marketing.

Paul.