Robatoy

You can mail me directly of post here and I'll check for
replies....thanks so very much for your help.

Paul

As you can see, there are many replies. All good advice too.

I will take a 2HP single phase 220 volt saw over a 3HP 3-phase if the
2HP has a good fence and runs vibration-free and has a flat top.
Precision is more important to me than power.
A cabinet saw with a Biesemeyer is what I would buy. I may be wrong, but
it seems to me that a cabinet saw is easier to set up for dust
collection?
The contractor saws often have stamped steel wings.. or the open-webbed
type of cast iron wings. I don't like those. I absolutely hate the look
of the stands.
Which brand of cabinet saw? After all the stuff I have been reading from
this credible bunch in this news-group, I would not hesitate to buy a
Grizzly. Personally I'd buy a General, but that's because I'm a
flag-waving damn proud Canadian. In other words, don't listen to me.
General does build a quality product. No doubt it's worth that little
extra money.

For What It's Worth.