Jonathan Webb

Default Building Control system/procedures etc

Andrew,
Thanks for reply
RE this bit:
2. It seems that the fee must be based on a written estimate from a
plumber - which is unethical to get one round to quote when I have not
the wherewithal to get them to do the job, esp as they must know that it
costs £4-5k for most CH- is this just my local Council, or how they are
required to operate?

I have to admit I don't understand this query. The arrangement will go
something like the following:

EXTRACT FROM COUNCIL WEBSITE....
"Tables C1 and C2 – Table C1 (PDF file 19KB) applications are based on
an estimate of the cost of the work and must be accompanied by a written
estimate that would be charged by a person in business to carry out
such work. In effect, this means that only an estimate from a builder,
or equivalent, is acceptable and rules out the DIY element.
This applies to both Full Plans applications and Building Notices. "

This seems a bit off to me. Also, presumably they want a schematic
drawing, or just a schedule of components?

I want to start off armed with a basic understanding before I get in
touch with our BC officer as his reputation precedes him.

TIA
Jono