Greg O

"Nascar Raiders" wrote in message
I checked at Sears and of course they stock the CRAFTSMAN brand

name,
and have what I thought to be a pretty good selection in my price range
of about $500.00 but not more than $600.00....now they do have what they
call the "professional" model at $1000.00 but I really don't want to
spend that much....wow.

Raise your price range and you will be happier in the long run. Be prepared
to spend $750-$1000 and be done with it! spend less I will guarantee you
will be either upgrading parts of the saw you buy, (the fence perhaps), or
just simply replacing it all with yet another saw!
I went through this a few years ago and bought a Delta contractors saw. I am
pleased with the saw for the type of work I do and don't believe I will ever
replace it. The down side is that same saw in close to $1000 now.
Greg