Roger Shoaf

Think about a lid to a drink cup. That is made from HIPS or High Impact
Poly Styrene. As far as being easy to cut those are punched out by steel
rule dies.

What exactly are you trying to make?
--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.

"news.verizon.net" wrote in message
I have been told that it is difficult to laser cut styrene as the plastic
will burn and curl up as the laser cuts through it.

I assume that this is due to the heat insulative properties of styrene.

The question, is there a plastic that will cut easily, is glueable,
bendable, and can be etched in a thickness down to .005 or .010 inch?

I have heard that acrylic that is laser cut is too thick.

I don't know about ABS, and heard that PVC fumes are too dangerous.

Thanks
Keith Walker