Leon Fisk

On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 21:09:42 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:
snip
I had great luck in LoCal with empty traps. I'd face them against the
wall so the mouse would accidentally step on the trigger as it ran
through and get nailed (a dozen freebies.) Cracked me up, it did.

__________________ any wall where they run_________
| ____________
| | __ |
| -- | |oo| | --- path of mouse
| | | | |
| | | | |
| /\ | | | |
| | |||==++++==|||
| | || | ||
| p || | ||
| a || | ||
| t ||_____|____||
| h |_____=|_____|

Hi Larry,

Victor makes a trap to purposely be set like this. See:

http://www.victorpest.com/mouse_snap_traps.htm

M035- EasySetŪ Mouse Trap. Pre-baited

I've been using this model for many years now with good
success. The "pre-bait" is just a large plastic trigger
area. You can place short 2x4's alongside the wall to help
funnel them into the trap too. Or whatever else you happen
to have around, like a box, file cabinet... They work simply
by the tendency of mice to run along parallel to barriers.

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b