SteveB

I like the glue traps. They are easy to put out. They are cheap. They
don't require setting. They work.

It is just a little sad when you pick it up, and the little booger is there
screaming his head off because his face is stuck in the glue.

Well, not that sad after they chewed up so much of my stuff. Serves the
little buggers right.

Steve

B.B.

In article ,
"Waynemak" wrote:

Its going to get cold out and that means the mice come in. Any tips on how
to keep them out of my welders in the garage? I will set traps but anything
else to prevent the little PITAs out of my stuff.

A high voltage power supply, one electrode to a metal plate on the
floor, and another to a blob of peanut butter suspended above the plate.
Put it somewhere ventilated and easy to clean.

movies.crooksandliars.com/Countdown-Timeline-Katrina.mov
Gunner

On 22 Sep 2005 08:27:21 -0700, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Waynemak says...

Its going to get cold out and that means the mice come in. Any tips on how
to keep them out of my welders in the garage? I will set traps but anything
else to prevent the little PITAs out of my stuff.

Gunner would ship you a couple of cats for a very minimal fee....

Jim

Pick up the shipping and sent the cat carriers back..and Ill fix you
right up.

If you can find one in your area...get a female Abyssinian. Best
hunters Ive ever seen.

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner
Gunner

On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 16:06:04 GMT, Fred R "spam
wrote:

wmbjk wrote:
On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 09:20:49 -0400, "Waynemak"
wrote:

Its going to get cold out and that means the mice come in. Any tips on how
to keep them out of my welders in the garage? I will set traps but anything
else to prevent the little PITAs out of my stuff.

What you need is a herd of meat-eating centipedes.
http://www.citlink.net/~wmbjk/images/mouse.jpg

I emailed that photo to a friend of mine and he found it a bit
disturbing. He thought the critter was dead. Then I told him that not
only was it alive, it wouldn't let go of the mouse. My friend said
that if it had appeared in *his* shop, he'd have gone straight for his
.357. ;-)

Wayne

That is one *mean* looking bug! Where do they live? I don't want to go
there. Ready-made B horror flick monster.

There are some BIG versions in Southeast Asia. The only bug that
gives me the creeps and makes me back up. A very long and somewhat
boring story.

They are quite venomous there as well.

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner
Larry Jaques

On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 07:43:48 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Gunner
quickly quoth:

On 22 Sep 2005 08:27:21 -0700, jim rozen
Gunner would ship you a couple of cats for a very minimal fee....

Pick up the shipping and sent the cat carriers back..and Ill fix you
right up.

If you can find one in your area...get a female Abyssinian. Best
hunters Ive ever seen.

Not to mention that they're very beautiful cats, quite affectionate,
quiet, and clean. Their shorter hair sheds less than most cats, too.

My sister's two Abys just died last year, one of cancer and the other
of old age at 15+. They were great.

* Blessed are those who can * Humorous T-shirts Online
* laugh at themselves, for they * Comprehensive Website Dev.
* shall never cease to be amused * http://www.diversify.com

Leon Fisk

On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 21:09:42 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:
snip
I had great luck in LoCal with empty traps. I'd face them against the
wall so the mouse would accidentally step on the trigger as it ran
through and get nailed (a dozen freebies.) Cracked me up, it did.

__________________ any wall where they run_________
| ____________
| | __ |
| -- | |oo| | --- path of mouse
| | | | |
| | | | |
| /\ | | | |
| | |||==++++==|||
| | || | ||
| p || | ||
| a || | ||
| t ||_____|____||
| h |_____=|_____|

Hi Larry,

Victor makes a trap to purposely be set like this. See:

http://www.victorpest.com/mouse_snap_traps.htm

M035- EasySet® Mouse Trap. Pre-baited

I've been using this model for many years now with good
success. The "pre-bait" is just a large plastic trigger
area. You can place short 2x4's alongside the wall to help
funnel them into the trap too. Or whatever else you happen
to have around, like a box, file cabinet... They work simply
by the tendency of mice to run along parallel to barriers.

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b