Edwin Pawlowski

"Nascar Raiders" wrote in message
The wife says I deserve an upgrade (gee thanks hunny..lol) Anyway
I've checked at my local Harbor Freight and to be honest their selection
was way less than what I thought it would be.
I checked at Sears and of course they stock the CRAFTSMAN brand name,
and have what I thought to be a pretty good selection in my price range
of about $500.00 but not more than $600.00....now they do have what they
call the "professional" model at $1000.00 but I really don't want to
spend that much....wow.

You are not ready for an upgrade. If you are considering stuff from Harbor
Freight, you are not in the market for a piece of quality equipment.
Neither is your budget.

What you will get for that money is a saw that is better than what you have,
but will leave you want in more in a year or two, maybe only a month or two.
Save a bit more and get a Delta, Jet Grizzly, etc with a Beisemeyer or
Unifence or equal. That will be the saw you will be using 25 years from
now. Plan to spend $750 and up for the last saw you will ever buy.