Karl Townsend

Default '41 10EE comparison

We're now a "double 10 double E" family. I have a '41 10EE Monarch built in
Ohio. The kid (my 22 year old son) has a '41 unit built in Chicago.

Looking at them, there are several differences. Mine has a rocker arm
accross the front of the machine for forward/stop/reverse. His has a forward
stop reverse switch just below the spindle nose, making the headstock
castings different. The FEED forward/reverse knob is different. Mine has a
toothed flat belt drive from motor to spindle. The other unit has a double V
belt. I'm sure we will discover other differences as we give the new old
girl a test run this weekend.

Mine is worth WAY more than his. I thought a I got a deal at $3500. His is
only worth $811.50

Just curious, how many sites have built 10EEs, and are there a lot of other
differences in the various 40s model 10EEs. I know the 50s units had a lot
of changes.

Karl