Karl Townsend

Default '41 10EE comparison

We're now a "double 10 double E" family. I have a '41 10EE Monarch built in
Ohio. The kid (my 22 year old son) has a '41 unit built in Chicago.

Looking at them, there are several differences. Mine has a rocker arm
accross the front of the machine for forward/stop/reverse. His has a forward
stop reverse switch just below the spindle nose, making the headstock
castings different. The FEED forward/reverse knob is different. Mine has a
toothed flat belt drive from motor to spindle. The other unit has a double V
belt. I'm sure we will discover other differences as we give the new old
girl a test run this weekend.

Mine is worth WAY more than his. I thought a I got a deal at $3500. His is
only worth $811.50

Just curious, how many sites have built 10EEs, and are there a lot of other
differences in the various 40s model 10EEs. I know the 50s units had a lot
of changes.

Karl

Robert Swinney

Maybe Ned Simmonds or Gary Repesh can chime in here. They both have s lot
of 10EE experience.

Bob Swinney
"Karl Townsend" remove .NOT to reply wrote
in message news
[...]

jim rozen

In article . net, Karl Townsend
says...

Just curious, how many sites have built 10EEs, and are there a lot of other
differences in the various 40s model 10EEs. I know the 50s units had a lot
of changes.

You do know about this site, right?

http://www.practicalmachinist.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum;f=2;hardset=0;start_point =0;DaysPrune=0

Or if it doesn't work out, www.practicalmachinist.com, and follow
down to the "Monarch" section.

Lots of monarch gear-heads there.

Jim

please reply to:
Karl Townsend

You do know about this site, right?

http://www.practicalmachinist.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum;f=2;hardset=0;start_point =0;DaysPrune=0

Thanks, I didn't know about this. Now I got another NG to monitor

Karl

jim rozen

In article . net, Karl Townsend
says...

Thanks, I didn't know about this. Now I got another NG to monitor

The monarch guys are pretty good. Possibly the best group overall of
knowledgeable folks on the drive systems.

The entire forum (moderated) is pretty nice too. The OT polticio
crap is strictly contained and bounced out if it intrudes where its
not wanted.

Repower a 10EE? jw Metalworking 6 August 3rd 05 02:07 PM
Spray painter comparison Tom Mercer Woodworking 5 July 13th 05 04:32 AM
Atlas ESR60 added to comparison chart John Bachman Electronics Repair 0 May 1st 05 02:45 PM
Home Depot Or Lowe's: Price/Service Comparison [email protected] Home Repair 13 December 19th 04 04:52 PM
Another Saw Blade Comparison( Sort Of) Lawrence L'Hote Woodworking 0 September 13th 03 08:19 PM