Art

With the overall history of Samsung, and servicing way too many for Lamp,
Ballast, Colour Wheel, and Light Engine problems, I'd probably drop the coin
for the service contract. The first repair, especially of ht is the colour
wheel or ballast, may easily cost more than the $400 stated. Most major
companies, within their service contracts, do cover the lamp, on a limited
basis, as well as all the other internal components of the products. Make
absolutely sure that you ask specifically what is included with the policy
and the length of it's term, especially if the first year runs concurrent
with the manufacturer's original warranty. No, I don't sell policies, just
eapir the crap that my employeer, a major retailer, sells to the consumers.
"Travis Jordan" wrote in message
Another cheaper option is 3rd party plans offered by Repairmaster and
Mack. The Repairmaster plan has had favorable discussion on avsforum
and Mack has a long history of camera service plans and now offer
electronics coverage. Both plans offer bulb replacement coverage

Mack doesn't get good reviews:
http://www.photo.net/neighbor/view-o...+Video+Service