Gerald Miller

On 23 Sep 2005 07:17:35 -0700, "
wrote:

I have a few publications on insulating that include data on the use
of aluminum foil for insulation. The good and bad is that it depends
on the direction of the heat flow. If the heat flow is down, then
aluminum fail works well. So in Arizona
use aluminum foil in the ceiling to insulate the summer heat. In New
York for the winter use aluminum foil in the floor. The reason is that
if there is no heat flow by convection ( warm air rising ), then
radiant heat flow is the major way the heat moves.

Dan

I'm thinking of nominating the former owner of this house as Canada's
worst handyman. One of his efforts was to install kraft backed foil on
the lower half of the basement wall between the 1 x 2 strapping and
the sawdust board paneling (nothing up top).
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada