Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Mike Berger wrote:
Many higher end TV's will automatically detect and decode the PAL
signal, so you might not have to do anything special. I play PAL
recordings through my 27" sony CRT tv without a converter.

That's interesting as it comes up as a question often on UK groups. For
many years, UK VHS machines and TVs will replay NTSC tapes via a number of
'cludges' but of course don't allow that tape to be copied. For that you
need a standards convertor. But most say the reverse isn't the case in the
US - NTSC equipment can't play PAL tapes.

--
*If horrific means to make horrible, does terrific mean to make terrible?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.