Joe Gorman

Trevor Jones wrote:
Ignoramus19652 wrote:

I would like to buy several dog tags for my family. I have an engraver
and an etcher. Which of them would be better for writing on these dog
tags?

Second question, what chain to use for them that's most comfortable,
unconspicuous and yet strong. Two adults, one 4 year old and one
infant soon to appear. Something cheap that can be bought off ebay
would be better.

Third, is there some way to safely attach a dog tag to an infant in
case of emergency, so that he does not strangle himself with it.

Lots of surplus places that will stamp out dogtags on their machines.
other than that there is always the cheap alternative of cutting them
out from sheet aluminum yourself.

The military standard issue is ball chain. My set has been threaded
though a sleeve made from the outer layer of parachute cord. A little
heat from a lighter and some fast finder work and the ends will seal and
grip the chain. Quieter, and not as cold.

The baby. Try a velcro or elastic closure on an ankle bracelet under
his or her sock or booty. In a dire emergency I would consider a Sharpie
marker and mark the child's name and your SSN or some other traceable
info onto the childs leg, arm or chest.

Cheers
Trevor Jones

Use your states drivers license number prefixed with (state 2 letter
abbreviation)DL. It's usually easier getting the information associated
with a drivers license number than a SSAN now days.
Joe