jim rozen

In article , Karl
Vorwerk says...

It doesn't prevent all of them. Two or three years ago someone ran over one
here and it looked just like on the movies.

Heh. Yep, if you give em a hard enough knock to the side, it seems
to break the valve assembly at the bottom.

This was proved at the corner near my local middle school one
lunchtime. Truck cut the corner too sharp, and the back wheels
clobbered the hydrant which was *right* at the corner.

They had a tough time getting all those kids (me included) back
into the school after lunch recess, the water was shooting about
five feet into the air!

Jim

please reply to: