SJF

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a 22" Toro Personal Pace Recycler mower. The mower stopped
self-propelling after about three hours of use (engine runs fine, blade
cuts fine). When the operator pushes on the handle, this is supposed to
start the mower moving forward, but nothing happens. Any suggestions on
how to proceed?

I had exactly the same experience (three hour, more or less, stall) with my
Sear's Craftsman. I expect the mechanisms are much the same. I found a
simple, no tools, adjustment in the manual. Instructions were also decaled
on the handlebar controller.

Squeezing the control cable increases the effective diameter of a split
v-pulley, first taking up the slack on the v-belt and then increasing the
drive speed. There is apparently some initial wearing in of the parts
requiring an early adjustment. In two years, I have not had to make another
adjustment after that initial one.

SJF