Pop

Yes they do, but I used the 3,000 because that's what the present
hoses are rated for: The machine claims 2,600 psi at full
factory throttle. The hoses aren't regular hoses though; they're
rubber of some kind, but also have steel bands & strands in side
them. One of the extension hoses I bought has a braided steel
outer cover, sort of a chinese finger-trap looking weave. I've
never cut one so I'm not sure exactly how they're made. The
hoses are pretty stiff and hard to coil for storage; and take
awhile to get the "coil" out of them when you start using them.
2,250, 2,450 and 2,600 seem to be the most common ratings I've
noticed in this area. VeVilbis is somehow always in the picture
too as having made some part of other.
There are more powerful ones but they're a lot more expensive,
and take more expertise to use. They can be dangerous, so it's
well worth reading the manuals before purchasing one.

PopS

"George E. Cawthon" wrote in
message
: They use hose rated at 3000 psi on a pressure
: washer?
:
:
: Pop wrote:
: But check what they're using for parts! The idiots in town
here
: were trying to sell me air hose parts, and even "guaranteed"
me
: they'd work "perfectly". Even when I told him this is for a
: 3,000 psi pressure washer and then pointed out the "300 psi
max"
: on the package, the idiot still said "sure, it'll work just
: fine".
: I asked to see the manager. He WAS the manager! So much
for
: going to the NAPA store again. There's a good competitor 2
: blocks away.
:
: HTH,
: PopS
:
: ""__ Bøb __"" wrote in message
: ...
: : Check around and look for a full-service auto parts store
that
: makes
: : custom hydraulic lines. They will cut back a few inches,
and
: install a
: : new fitting for a few bucks.
: :
: :
: : Tim Fischer wrote:
: : I have a relatively cheap ($150) Karcher electric
pressure
: washer. Last
: : time I used it, somehow the threads on teh plastic nut
that
: holds the
: : high-pressure hose onto the machine itself got stripped
out
: (insert curses
: : to Karcher for using a plastic nut on such a high-impact
: part...)
: :
: : Anyway, it seems that a replacement hose is $55, which
seems
: like a bit too
: : much to invest in a 5-year old washer of its price range.
: :
: : On the other hand, it's only the nut that's bad, not the
: hose. It actually
: : seems like a huge waste to replace the entire hose just
for
: the nut. If
: : this were a garden hose, you'd cut it and put a new end
on
: it.
: :
: : So finally my question: Is it practical to have a
: high-pressure hose
: : repaired? I'd need to have someone cut the hose, replace
the
: nut (which
: : seems to be a standard size), and put a new end on it
(not
: sure if its
: : standard, but it probably is). What type of place would
do
: this kind of
: : work? Would places that make custom hydrolic hoses be of
any
: help?
: :
: : Just hoping to see how reasonable this is before I go
calling
: around and
: : make a fool of myself, lol.
: :