George E. Cawthon

Ray wrote:

I have to remove my toilet to replace the floor. Any suggestions on
removing the water from the bowl, or is it not enough to worry about? Just
have some old towels ready?
Thanks in advance

There should be a shut off valve where the pipe connects to the toilet.
Turn that off then flush the toilet. All of the water in the bowl and in
the tank will flush out. Everything should be empty then.

"JD" wrote in message

I have to remove my toilet to replace the floor. Any suggestions on
removing the water from the bowl, or is it not enough to worry about? Just
have some old towels ready?
Thanks in advance
JD

That's not exactly true. The bowl will have very
little water in it, or if it does, fill a bucket
and dump it all in and it will end up with little
water. However there could still be a lot of
water in the tank because many tanks maintain at
least 1-2" of water. You can siphon that out, or
just use a towel, let soak, then haul it out and
squeeze in a bucket.