JD

Default Removing water from toilet bowl

I have to remove my toilet to replace the floor. Any suggestions on
removing the water from the bowl, or is it not enough to worry about? Just
have some old towels ready?
Thanks in advance
JD

Ray

I have to remove my toilet to replace the floor. Any suggestions on
removing the water from the bowl, or is it not enough to worry about? Just
have some old towels ready?
Thanks in advance

There should be a shut off valve where the pipe connects to the toilet.
Turn that off then flush the toilet. All of the water in the bowl and in
the tank will flush out. Everything should be empty then.

Ray wrote:
I have to remove my toilet to replace the floor. Any suggestions on
removing the water from the bowl, or is it not enough to worry about? Just
have some old towels ready?
Thanks in advance

There should be a shut off valve where the pipe connects to the toilet.
Turn that off then flush the toilet. All of the water in the bowl and in
the tank will flush out. Everything should be empty then.

You will still have a bit of water in the trap after you close the
shutoff and flush one last time, but you absorb the excess water with
an old towel, suck it out with a 99cent turkey baster or something of
the like.

User Example

JD wrote:
I have to remove my toilet to replace the floor. Any suggestions on
removing the water from the bowl, or is it not enough to worry about? Just
have some old towels ready?
Thanks in advance
JD

Shop vac, if you have one.
keith

On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 18:18:34 -0400, JD wrote:

I have to remove my toilet to replace the floor. Any suggestions on
removing the water from the bowl, or is it not enough to worry about? Just
have some old towels ready?

The trap is in the bowl, so if you pull/roll it forward (after loosening
it by rocking, if need be) you _should_ be able to get away without
spilling any water. Dump what's left in the tub. Have a 1" putty knife,
or the equivalent, handy to clean the wax off the bowl's "horn" and floor.
Old paper towels are a good idea, as is a roll of paper towels. ;-)

--
Keith

Oscar_Lives

"JD" wrote in message
I have to remove my toilet to replace the floor. Any suggestions on
removing the water from the bowl, or is it not enough to worry about? Just
have some old towels ready?
Thanks in advance
JD

Get a big dog and tell him to drain it.

George E. Cawthon

"JD" wrote in message

I have to remove my toilet to replace the floor. Any suggestions on
removing the water from the bowl, or is it not enough to worry about? Just
have some old towels ready?
Thanks in advance
JD

That's not exactly true. The bowl will have very
little water in it, or if it does, fill a bucket
and dump it all in and it will end up with little
water. However there could still be a lot of
water in the tank because many tanks maintain at
least 1-2" of water. You can siphon that out, or
just use a towel, let soak, then haul it out and
squeeze in a bucket.
George E. Cawthon

Oscar_Lives wrote:
"JD" wrote in message

I have to remove my toilet to replace the floor. Any suggestions on
removing the water from the bowl, or is it not enough to worry about? Just
have some old towels ready?
Thanks in advance
JD

Get a big dog and tell him to drain it.