Succorso

Default Electric pylons... are they noisy?

Lionel wrote:
Hello,

We're planning to move soon but noticed there are overhead electric pylons
in some parts of the town... health and aesthetic issues aside, we are also
concerned about the fizzy and/or buzzing noise they are said to make.

Anyone confirm this and suggest at what distance the noise should be
inaudible?

Many thanks,

Lionel.

The big jobbies (450Kv) are great fun in extreme weather. "Our" pylons
glow with St Elmo's fire sometimes, during summer thunderstorms. Also,
when encased with ice during snowstorms, they produce some excellent
fireworks for free.

Most fun during thunderstorms though - we have shot several home videos
of the closest pylon getting hit. Does make a BIG bang though!!