Pop

But check what they're using for parts! The idiots in town here
were trying to sell me air hose parts, and even "guaranteed" me
they'd work "perfectly". Even when I told him this is for a
3,000 psi pressure washer and then pointed out the "300 psi max"
on the package, the idiot still said "sure, it'll work just
fine".
I asked to see the manager. He WAS the manager! So much for
going to the NAPA store again. There's a good competitor 2
blocks away.

HTH,
PopS

""__ Bøb __"" wrote in message
: Check around and look for a full-service auto parts store that
makes
: custom hydraulic lines. They will cut back a few inches, and
install a
: new fitting for a few bucks.
:
:
: Tim Fischer wrote:
: I have a relatively cheap ($150) Karcher electric pressure
washer. Last
: time I used it, somehow the threads on teh plastic nut that
holds the
: high-pressure hose onto the machine itself got stripped out
(insert curses
: to Karcher for using a plastic nut on such a high-impact
part...)
:
: Anyway, it seems that a replacement hose is $55, which seems
like a bit too
: much to invest in a 5-year old washer of its price range.
:
: On the other hand, it's only the nut that's bad, not the
hose. It actually
: seems like a huge waste to replace the entire hose just for
the nut. If
: this were a garden hose, you'd cut it and put a new end on
it.
:
: So finally my question: Is it practical to have a
high-pressure hose
: repaired? I'd need to have someone cut the hose, replace the
nut (which
: seems to be a standard size), and put a new end on it (not
sure if its
: standard, but it probably is). What type of place would do
this kind of
: work? Would places that make custom hydrolic hoses be of any
help?
:
: Just hoping to see how reasonable this is before I go calling
around and
: make a fool of myself, lol.
:
: -Tim