el Diablo

""__ Bøb __"" wrote in message
Check around and look for a full-service auto parts store that makes
custom hydraulic lines. They will cut back a few inches, and install a
new fitting for a few bucks.

Tim Fischer wrote:
I have a relatively cheap ($150) Karcher electric pressure washer. Last
time I used it, somehow the threads on teh plastic nut that holds the
high-pressure hose onto the machine itself got stripped out (insert
curses to Karcher for using a plastic nut on such a high-impact part...)

Anyway, it seems that a replacement hose is $55, which seems like a bit
too much to invest in a 5-year old washer of its price range.

On the other hand, it's only the nut that's bad, not the hose. It
actually seems like a huge waste to replace the entire hose just for the
nut. If this were a garden hose, you'd cut it and put a new end on it.

So finally my question: Is it practical to have a high-pressure hose
repaired? I'd need to have someone cut the hose, replace the nut (which
seems to be a standard size), and put a new end on it (not sure if its
standard, but it probably is). What type of place would do this kind of
work? Would places that make custom hydrolic hoses be of any help?

Just hoping to see how reasonable this is before I go calling around and
make a fool of myself, lol.

-Tim

Hydraulic hose and high pressure hose used on pressure washers can have the
same ID but will have a different OD. The fittings for a hydraulic hose
won't crimp correctly on the pressure washer hose.

Brian