William Wixon

thanks to everyone for their help and suggestions.

i received a private email that so far is the closest thing to what i'm
looking for... (wish it was smaller, lighter, plastic, less expensive
though)

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs...0001/316/124/9

thanks Jim. i'd like to take the cap off every now and then (hence the
mention of horse manure, gravel, sand, etc.)

thanks "*", those four conductor covers are shown at one of the links i
posted. i don't want to use the four conductor wire but a covered
receptacle drilled and screwed into the side of the inside of the truck bed.

royj, thanks, there are similar receptacles in the links i posted.

tim, chuckle that was funny, "toilet seat". i can imagine the guy behind
the counter of an electrical supply place when i go in and ask for a toilet
seat. lol.

nospam clare. thanks. i'd like to get something smaller and more
lightweight. (as was pointed out to me by the person who sent me the
private email, it would not be good to use a trailer receptacle (or a common
two prong plug) in case someone borrows the truck and tries plugging stuff
in it. better a plug that would be difficult for some unknowing person to
plug something into.)

DoN and larry , somehow my original question got sidetracked, i didn't ask
about tail lights, brake lights, turn signals. my question was about the
"third light" (brake light) in a truck cap. all those connectors were in
the links i posted, thanks anyhow.

b.w.

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On 22 Sep 2005 05:23:59 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm,
(DoN. Nichols) quickly quoth:

anyone know of a lightweight snap shut weathertight electrical
connector?

Hmm ... how many pins do you need? I figure four at a minimum,
common ground (should be heavier than the others), Left turn signal,
Right turn signal, and brake lights.

You misspelled that last one, Don. "Tail" lights, 2 turns, and a
ground are the minimum.

I prefer the dangling 4-prong rubberized connectors which end behind
the bumper. They never drag, never get hurt. Add a longer pigtail to
the trailer side and you're set.

It has been my experience that covers on trailer connectors tend to
increase corrosion and that the cheap flat connectors are the best
value.

-snip-