Abrasha

Hello, I am designing a picture card holder for a busy store with
regular through traffic. I am going to do it in sheet metal steel 1 mm
thick. cut out a square for the picture to show through , fold back the
sides and cut out a tab each side that will slot on a wire frame.

I am going to paint the picture holder a matt black and then have the
paint hardened.

My concern is:

1) that the paint finish and look of the holder will stand up to wear
and tear over a 2 year period-one thing I would not want to see is
corroded metal exposed and

Have it powder coated. That'll last a long time. Some time ago when a
had a deck built in the back of my house, I had the metal parts powder
coated. It looks very even and holds up beautifully.

When the house was painted I did the same thing with the railings of the
decks in the front of the house. Instead of having them painted, I took
them off and had them powder coated. It turned out that my railings
were thrown in with the same batch that the powder coating outfit was
doing at the time for railings for the restaurant at the new SF Giants
ball park, because they were the same color. They are holding up
beautifully also.

Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com