Charlie S.

Every few months I have a need for Super Glue for some general household
repair.

My problem is that once I puncture a hole in the tube, the glue eventually
hardens inside and I can't use it for the next repair. I always tighten
the tube up afterwards. Yet, it still is useless. (I buy the generic
Staple's type brands in packs of 3-4 so I don't have to run out every
time.)

Is there a way to keep it from hardening or is there an alternative glue
that is just a good that I could use repeatedly without having the same
problem?

Thanks for all the advice.

I put the glue in the refrigerator and squeezed to the top removing all the
air. Seems 95% of these tubes are empty space.

Thanks for the epoxy tip. I tried it a number of years ago. Unfortunately,
I didn't have any luck with it. If I remember correctly, there were two
tubes. Possibly syringe like and I had to mix them together. Couldn't get
anything to stick. Maybe I was using it wrong. Tried it twice... same
result.

From looking at the Insta-Bond Dry Box Kit
http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/cg...n&key=280-0500,
it looks like a feasible alterative to the epoxy. It only cost $20. The
coolchem idea seems like the best product on the market until I looked at
the price.... close to $50
http://www.findarticles.com/p/articl...11/ai_n8955753 for
the kit. I only need glue a couple times a year at most. This might be
over-kill.

After reading all the posts, it doesn't seem to matter if I freeze or
refrigerate. Refrigerating seems to make more sense as I wouldn't have to
thaw it out.

I do have a new problem. I need to glue (adhere) a vinyl tile back to the
horizontal part of one of the kitchen steps. Eventually, I am going to
replace the tile. I'm not sure superglue is the solution. This might be
one surface it may not work well with. Or, if it does, it may be overkill
as I want to be able take it off eventually. Ideally, duct tape would be
best. But, I don't want it to show. What would be a good substance to use?

Thanks for all the help!