SteveB

"Sunworshipper" wrote awnings
Can't get a good idea of what your exactly talking about , but
most just crumble fast out here. I don't keep mine up all the time
(don't have room on the property after building the shop) , but its
light colored and loose woven nylon? I need to find a helper to help
fold and roll it up tight to store cause it looks like I'll never need
it again. Maybe find someone into aliens to buy it so they all won't
bake while waiting for the next night of weird lights around ahhh
black ops. I used it for covering the pools so that I wouldn't fry to
a crisp at the same pool for a week. Guess I'll have to wonder for the
rest of my life of how hot it really would get down in a concrete hole
even with 70% shade cause I never did run into a cheap thermometer
that would go to around 150 degrees. Hot really hot, like melting
boom boxes, tapes, carpenter crayons, and turn brunets into blonds.

We used Raven Mills Sunbrella canvas on our awnings. It was a tight weave,
heavy canvas. These new ones are a specific woven fabric that won't
unravel, and has a long sun life. Or is supposed to have.

We had commercial Sunbrella covered awnings that lasted ten years in the Las
Vegas sun. It had a lot to do with how they were tensioned.

This past summer was particularly brutal, even for Las Vegas standards,
wasn't it?

Steve