Christopher Tidy

Ignoramus26924 wrote:
On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 14:26:50 GMT, Ecnerwal wrote:

In article ,
"Waynemak" wrote:

Its going to get cold out and that means the mice come in. Any tips on how
to keep them out of my welders in the garage? I will set traps but anything
else to prevent the little PITAs out of my stuff.

A hard-working cat can help, but the best thing for equipment (ie,
places to hide from the cat in) is tiny-mesh hardware cloth covering up
all the openings. If you also tighten up the building with hardware
cloth and polyurethane foam that provides another level of slowing them
down, and keeps the building a bit warmer as a side effect. Cleaning up
as much other clutter (mouse hiding places and nesting supplies) as
possible will also help.

mice chewed through my polyurethane foam...

If your welder is as big as Iggy's, maybe you could convert one room to
a cat box?

Chris