oparr

Replacing Gecko 320's, for example, with simple drivers would be a pretty
big savings for the hobbyist.

Let's make certain we're on the same page first.....The Gecko 320 is a DC
servo drive. Besides cost, its 4X only support is another limitation for the
hobbyist who is likely to be looking at surplus DC motors. I bought one for
evaluation and concluded it was not the drive for me. Instead, I went with
simple microcontroller based drives with both 1X and 4X support at about
half the price. So if we 're talking about the same Gecko drive then simpler
and cheaper drives already exist.

"Mike Young" wrote in message
t...