Dr. Hardcrab

"Lesley" wrote
Hi there,

I searched the archives for this but didn't come up with any answers.
I need to buy one-maybe-two portable gas heater(s) and I'd like to get
some opinions on whatever brands you guys might be familiar with.

I found this one on line,

andhttp://www.epinions.com/DeLonghi_WIR2_Ceramic_Compact_Heater/display_~full_specs

O.K. I am dumb when it comes to natural gas (since I live in oil country),
but I always thought that natural gas was piped into one's house and propane
is delievered in tanks (whether filled on the spot or swapped out with full
tanks). There are small propane tanks such as the ones on grills. I would
think that a PROPANE heater could be "portable", but a natural gas heater
could (practically) NOT be portable.

How can it be "portable" if it has to be hooked up the the pipeline coming
into your house? To me it sounds as sensible as a solar powered flashlight,
but as I said, I don't know that much about natural gas.

BTW, your link doesn't work......