G Henslee

Richard J Kinch wrote:
Vince writes:

Are wall tiles normally not sealed, and just floor tiles?

I think "sealing" is a waste of time. It only lasts a few months, and you
are not going to be diligent in reapplying. Once you let it go, there's no
point in keeping it up.

Grout so-called "sealers" are a recent invention of the chain retailers
looking for a high-margin add-on. Places like Color Tile would practically
give away the tile to get you to buy an precious kit of installation tools
and supplies.

Have you ever done a time tested comparison between sealed grout and non
sealed grout? or between waterbased vs. lcquer bases, or??? Have you
ever looked at enough tile installations to really know? Key word is
_know_. Or do you just "think" you know what you're talking about while
look for excuses to slam chain retailers. We're not talking about your
1-2 lifetime installations nor a crappo outlet like Color Tile. Are
they even still in business??

BTW, most chain retailers don't have jack**** for choices in sealers and
carry it only because it's asked for by the consumer. Oh and becausde
they sell things genius. OTH, tile supply houses will generally have a
wide selection for both the homeowner and pro.

Perhaps you shouldn't 'think' so much. Your opinion as a novice doesn't
help anyone.