N. Thornton

Default Wanted: Advice on Garage Racking

geoff wrote in message ...
In message , N.
Thornton writes

Dexion or similar is it. Avoid the lightweight metal shelving unless
you really know just how flimsy it is and have some eggs and feathers
to store on them. With all metal shelving _do_ add extra pieces across
back and both sides at circa 45 deg angle. Wobbly metal shelving is
unsafe.

Dexion (RIP) used to sell brackets to prevent this

Hi. I asume you mean those little corner braces, 3" triangle things.
IME theyre totally inadequate. Proper bracing is the only method I've
found that works. Bracing makes the difference between a precarious
setup thats bound to come apart and something rock solid.

Regards, NT