Doctor Drivel

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
. net...
We all get carried away with litres/min, when other times are more

relevant
to the application, like 10 mins. You could get 42 litres/min for 5

mins,
but that will not fill two baths simultaneously.

It is clear that the Duet and the ACV actually provide performance similar
to separate box storage solutions. I'm sure I would have considered the

ACV
when I installed my system (WB/DPS Pandora), as its performance is within

my
required parameters.

The ACV is a re-work on the proven commercial Heatmasters. Very well thought
out. It is narrower to get through domestic doors.

At the time, I rejected the Duet, (as I didn't want the
hassle of unvented storage) and the other one box solutions were
insufficiently specified (i.e. Powermax etc.) My requirement was to be

able
to fill baths at full mains flow rate, simulataneously with a shower.

My two main concerns with the ACV (had it been available at that time)

would
have been:

1. Weight/bulk. It was hard enough getting the Pandora into the loft.
Indeed, it almost got damaged in the process.

Possible to get it in the loft but a winch would be necessary.

2. Unvented cylinder. The unvented capacity is greater than that may be
installed by non-competent persons.

Presumably there is a greater installation and maintenance cost as you

need
a certified person?

The unvented aspect is the only drawback. I am not keen on unvented
appliances because of the BBA certification and annual service.

I believe someone posted a video here of an unvenetd cylinder exploding.