Bob Engelhardt

I have been battling mice in my house for 30+ years. I haven't used
poison 'cause I didn't want them dying in the walls and smelling.
Spring traps are OK, but I don't like handling the dead ones and
resetting the traps. Last year I found the most effective trap so far,
it might have been here, I can't remember.

Anyhow, it is a 5 gallon bucket with a rod (3/16" +-) across the top,
through a hole on each side. On the rod is a plastic bottle (2" diam
+-), the rod through a hole in it's cap and bottom. I.e., the rod is
through the bottle's axis. There is a ramp (1 x 1 +-) on the outboard
end of the rod, down to the ground. Peanut butter is smeared on the
bottle and water is added to the bucket, a few inches deep.

The mice go up the ramp, step onto the bottle for the peanut butter.
The bottle rotates and dumps them in the water where they drown. The
water & mice are dumped in the toilet for disposal. One nice feature is
that it doesn't have to be reset to catch more mice. I once had 12 in
it when I didn't check for a week.

HTH
Bob