rigger

Gunner suggests:
When picking up a BP with a forklift, always put a small piece of thin
plywood or even carpet on the forks before lifting, and I assume you
know to put a small piece of 2x4 under the ram above the table?

I keep various pieces of 1/4" ply in my rigging box. Even a bit of
corrugated cardboard on the forks will keep even the slipperiest
machine from sliding on the forks.

Carpet or cardboard work pretty well but won't give protection to the
edges like a 1x or 2x will give (especially cardboard). When using
thinner forks, lifting a Bridgeport, we would use a 2x under the ram
above the knee and a 1x under the fork at the rear of the machine.
This keeps the machine level.
Make sure your wood is clean as imbedded chips or turnings can really
tear-up finished surfaces.

Just watch those fingers.

dennis
in nca