Ignoramus5411

Default UPDATE $9.99 Hobart CyberTig II welder

I took it down from my pickup truck.

The threaded collar on the amphenol connector for remote control was
all bent and I had to cut it with a chop saw. It would not thread
on. So, now all I can do with this control is "push it on".

I had to changeover the voltage from 460V to 230V. First I forgot to
change the transformer, but eventually I figured it out. The welder
powers up and acts intelligently in both manual mode and programmed
mode. It also responds to the remote.

Now the welder powers up. The fan (110V motor) starts spinning. For
some reason, it is relatively noisy and vibrates more than I would
like. I have much quieter fans at home that move a lot more air per
second. Is that normal?

It responds to controls and supplies DC voltage to welding
terminals. (checked with a multimeter)

I have not tried any welding today, and may not try that for a few
days.

I do not have any tig equipment such as torches, electrodes, water
cooler, gas cylinders, yada yada. At first, I want to mess around with
stick a bit. I will drive to HF soon to get some stick welding stuff.

I also ordered some 2/0 leads from ebay (against advice of Wayne to
buy smaller leads, but 2/0 were only marginally more expensive than 1
gauge leads).