Don Foreman

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 23:26:27 GMT, "Wayne G. Dengel"
wrote:

As for the 'L'-shapped corner brackets, right now I am in the mood to simple
bend the rods at the corners. I can't help wonder if this will negatively
effect rod strength to the point where this whole design is unworthy.

I found that 1/8" dia gas brazing rod bends very nicely to a
near-zero-radius bend if heated to dull red. I heated it with a Lil'
Torch. I also tried bending it cold in a vise with a brass hammer.
It didn't crack, but the bend wasn't as sharp as when I heated it.