On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 10:42:05 +1000, Terry Collins
wrote:

SteveB wrote:

FYI, I have two sets of gates my grandchildren would have to go through to
get in my shop area. They are automatic and self closing. We keep an eye
on our kids, and don't let them just wander around. We also have a pool and
two jaccuzzis, and are without incident because we WATCH OUR KIDS. Not
something everyone does.

Yep, the definition of a parents is a prick and a **** and most are.
Good ones are different.

Question for those who drive and have the typical in and out urban
driveway, do you drive in/reverse out or reverse in/drive out?

I am the later after hearing how a mate accidentally ran over his
grandchild a few years ago.

Backing in, or backing out? Makes no difference. If a kid is there and
you are backing and do not know exactly what is where, bad things can
happen.