Adam Smith

My Cincinnati 24" weighs 3 tons. It is a standard duty, not a "heavy duty".
It distributes the load over quite a lot of floor: maybe 6' x 2 1/2' or so?

If you have room, and can get it moved, take it. They are pretty neat.
Weight doesn't mean that much to the right truck and moving equipment, if
you take your time. Don't ask me about the results of rushing :-(
Thankfully, for the big shaper we took our time. Brought it up from Detroit,
got very funny looks from Canadian Customs when I said it was for "personal
use". No real hassles, though.

Adam Smith
Midland, ON

"trg-s338" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks for the lead. I will contact these guys and see what's
available and for how much. You say you have access to a Cinncinat or
Gearhart Owen? I'll post for further info if your first lead doesn't
happen. My slab is 4 inches but I can custom pour the proper thickness
into the shop I am building in the back yard to get my machining tools
out of the garage (make the Mrs. happy). What are your thoughts on the
support slab to machines this large. I am thinking one ton in weight,
or is that even close?