Grant Erwin

Eric R Snow wrote:

I hate windows stuff. I like to listen to streaming audio from the
internet. I'm using windows 98. Windows media player ver. 9. I can
listen using Winamp or Real Audio, but not with windows media player.
Also, if I do try to listen with Winamp or Real Audio after tring to
use wmp there is no sound. The computer must be re-booted to be able
to hear any sound. When trying to use wmp no sound can be heard. Not
the sounds windows makes when you press the wrong button etc. What am
I doing wrong?

I used W98 for many years, and Karen still does. Our solution to this problem
wasn't really a solution: we never used WMP unless we had to for some reason.
When I do streaming audio (the only one I do regularly is the surf show at 8PM
Pacific time on Saturday nights from KFJC radio www.kfjc.org, go check it out,
you'll be hooked like I was) I use Winamp.

If you want to dig deeper you're going to have to go into the maws of the beast:
go to microsoft.com and start wading through their online help. They should have
a big warning screen that comes up when you start that says,

ABANDON ALL HOPE YE WHO ENTER HERE

That's all I have to say about Windows. At my house we have a few topics which
we do NOT discuss (they being too incendiary). They a word processing
software, traffic laws, and any Microsoft software. (NO KIDDING) Peace.

Grant