Charlie S.

Default Super Glue alternative

Every few months I have a need for Super Glue for some general household
repair.

My problem is that once I puncture a hole in the tube, the glue eventually
hardens inside and I can't use it for the next repair. I always tighten the
tube up afterwards. Yet, it still is useless. (I buy the generic Staple's
type brands in packs of 3-4 so I don't have to run out every time.)

Is there a way to keep it from hardening or is there an alternative glue
that is just a good that I could use repeatedly without having the same
problem?