George

"Leif Thorvaldson" wrote in message
I am introducing a new concept to
replace the LDD. It is an old Norwegian woodturners secret for preventing
cracks and warps in turnings. I can't give you the details now, but I can
tell you that it involves using lutefisk. Keep the faith, Charlie!

Fine Woodworking, way back in the black-and-white days had an article on a
Scandinavian woodcarver who prevented his spoons from splitting by rubbing a
boiled potato - or was it baked? - on the end grain. Always puzzled me,
because the ones I carve are dried outside in the sun with no problems. So
if your method involves potatoes, it's been done.

Uff da.

Lutefisk....