SteveB

"Sunworshipper" wrote in message
On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 11:00:54 -0700, "SteveB"
wrote:

I want to bend some smaller metal, probably not more than 5/16". It will
be
square, round, and flat. The flat will be probably 1/8" thick. I will
also
do stuff smaller than 5/16.

I want to do scrolls, nineties, French curves, anything I can draw, I want
to transfer to metal. Can you guys give me some ideas?

I have envisioned a flat plate with holes drilled in it at strategic
places,
and where I just drill them for a one of a kind bend. Then, using bolts,
pins, blocks, round dollies, and all, be able to make attractive
repeatable
bends.

I know there are scroll benders available, and I will probably end up
buying
one just for the accurate results. I also know that there are many
benders
available for $50 from Horrible Freight, Northern Tools, et al, and they
go
up from there. Problem is with those, I have found it difficult to have
the
bends come out where you could lay the finished piece on a flat surface
and
have it lay flat. Hence the plate idea.

I have envisioned a hand crank to make some basic scrolls where just the
first two inches of a workpiece is scrolled, and not the long sweeping
scroll from there.

Any ideas, experiences, plans, sites will be appreciated.

I will be leaving for a trip for two weeks, so just post here, or e mail
me,
and I will take it up when I return.

Steve

I just might want to sell something perfect for your needs, but you
have refused to be civil repeatedly in the past. I think I'll keep it
for those beach fixes and let others share in the shade. Sure beats
setting up a glass roof. IIRC mine is 24' X 40'.

Whaaaa?